To enable the congregations to give an account of their hope concerning the Biblical Vision of a New Heaven and a New Earth...and strive to build here and now, a just, egalitarian society that is sensitive to gender issues and other inequalities.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To transform communities through sustainable development and community empowerment.
- To promote re-reading of the Bible addressing issues concerning girl children, agriculture, HIV, sustainable development etc.
- To sensitize local congregations on social, economic, political, cultural and gender realities.
- To build peoples' alliances and networking with movements on various campaigns related to Right to Education, Right to Information, Child friendly Schools etc.
- To strive for building peace initiatives in the church and conflict ridden pockets in South India.
PROGRAMMES AND ACTIVITIES
- Solidarity programmes with Dalits, Tribals/Adivasis
- Consultations, Workshops, and Study Groups on issues related to livelihood, cultural, economic, political and theological concerns of Dalits and Adivasis in India
- Programmes for Women, Children (especially Girl Children), Youth, Otherwise-abled, Displaced, Fish-workers, Migrant Workers and countless number of people in the un-organized sectors
- Thalitha Kumi (Rehabilitation of Dalit Girl Child Labourers)
- International Dalit Solidarity Networking
- Addressing issues pertaining to People Living with HIV and AIDS and with various forms of disability,
- Farm Workers' Fellowship in the CSI
- Enabling educated young men and women to appear for UPSC Examinations
- Publication of Bible-Studies and other literature addressing Diaconal Concerns
- Strengthening of the education ministry of the Church
- Strengthening of the healing ministry of the Church