To equip the local congregation, pastors, lay people, especially youth and children, towards being transformed to transform. Believing in the motto, 'Be Servants of the Servant Lord', the department focuses on equipping each one of them to have a clearer vision about God, Church and society and deeper passion for Christ and His gospel, rooted in justice and truth.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To provide continuing education to pastors towards equipping them to serve the Church.
- To publish Bible study materials and other literature in order to help the pastors and the congregations to meaningfully participate in God's ministry.
- To empower the children and youth to bear witness in a changing and challenging world.
- To foster leadership qualities among the pastors, youth and children.
- To equip the pastors' spouses and other women involved in God's ministry to engage in the same fruitfully and relevantly.
PROGRAMMES AND ACTIVITIES
- Periodical Meetings
- Publication of Bible Studies, Advent Meditation, Lenten Thoughts, Sermon Outlines, Almanac
- Publication of Ministerial Roll, Prayer Diary, Confirmation Curriculum and other Resource Materials
- In-service Training, Personality Development Programmes, Pastors' Summer Family Conference, Young Pastors' Meet, Rural Pastors' Meet
- Regional Youth Programmes, Leadership Development Programmes for Youth and Children
- Regional Children Meet, Sunday School Teachers' Licentiate Course, Peter-Cater Scripture Examination,
- Scholarship Programme for Theological Higher Studies, Training in Counselling, Journalism, Homiletics, Liturgy and Worship
- Holy Land Study Tour